Salted Caramel Cheesecake with Pretzel Crumb Crust
|By :Weldon Owen|
The Instant Pot® is the secret weapon for making yogurt at home, creating creamy, full-fat yogurt that is significantly less tangy than store-bought varieties. Layered with your favorite seeds, nuts, and fruit, the almost sweet-tasting yogurt takes on a decidedly treat-like appeal.
|Browse Category||Dessert, Kid-Friendly|
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Main Ingredient||Whole Milk, Yogurt|
|Cook Time||10 1/2 hours|
|Passive Time||6 hours|
- 8 cups whole milk 2 L
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- Sunflower seeds, pepitas, toasted sliced almonds, chopped pecans, granola, puffed quinoa, and/or toasted coconut flakes
- Fresh or dried stone fruit, fresh or dried berries
- Pour the milk into the Instant Pot®. Lock the lid in place and turn the valve to Sealing. Press the Yogurt button until the screen says “Boil” and cook until the milk reaches 180°F (82°C), about 25 minutes.
- Have ready an ice-water bath in the sink. Carefully remove the lid and check the milk temperature with an instant-read thermometer. If it is not 180°F (82°C), press the Cancel button to reset the program, then select Sauté and heat until the milk temperature reaches 180°F (82°C). Transfer the inner pot to the ice-water bath, then stir the milk until it cools to 110°F (43°C), about 10 minutes. Transfer 1 cup (240 ml) of the milk to a small bowl, whisk in the yogurt until smooth, then return the milk-yogurt mixture to the pot. Whisk until blended.
- Return the inner pot to the Instant Pot® housing. Lock the lid in place; the valve can be turned to Sealing or Venting. Press the Cancel button to reset the program, then press the Yogurt button and set the cook time for 10 hours. When the yogurt is ready (the screen will read “Yogt”), carefully remove the lid, use pot holders to lift out the inner pot, cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until the yogurt sets, about 4 hours. Do not stir at this point.
- When the yogurt is set, line a large fine-mesh sieve with 4 layers of cheesecloth, place the sieve over a bowl, spoon the yogurt into the sieve, and refrigerate for 2 hours to drain.
- To serve, spoon some of the yogurt into the bottom of 4 medium-size glasses or jars. Top with a layer of seeds, nuts, and/or grains, followed by a layer of fruit. Repeat to fill all glasses.
Complete Instant Pot® Collection The Instant Pot® has become an instant classic, a must-have item for home cooks everywhere. Designed to increase the versatility of your Instant Pot® or Duo Crisp machine, The Complete Instant Pot® Cookbook features a curated collection of classic and contemporary recipes that utilize this innovative device to its maximum potential and yield delicious, streamlined meals. The well-tested recipes include all the basics—like yogurt, eggs, jam, rice, grains, and beans—as well as dishes for every meal of the day. You’ll learn the fundamentals and benefits of cooking various cuts of meat—such as pork shoulder, chicken thighs, or beef chuck—in an Instant Pot®. Quick and simple soup stocks—including chicken, fish, bone, and vegetable—allow you to maximize the flavor of your favorite dishes in less time than traditional methods. Plus, the Instant Pot® primer gives you all the insider tips on how to maximize the effectiveness and versatility of the Instant Pot® and the Air Fryer lid. Beyond the basics, The Complete Instant Pot® Cookbook covers a versatile range of flavor profiles and dishes. From comforting classics like bolognese, posole, and Thai basil noodles, to lighter fare such as chicken braised with citrus and olives, gingery salmon, and zesty and bright wild rice salad, to decadent desserts like molten lava cakes and key lime pie, you’ll find plenty of inspiration for getting the most out of your pressure cooker.
All recipes by : Weldon Owen
You might also like