Risotto with Lemon and Shrimp
White Beans with Smoked Sausage
|By :Chop Secrets|
Dried white beans and packaged smoked sausage combine with bright aromatics for a budget-friendly and tasty one-pot meal.
|Browse Category||Meat, Rice & Pastas|
|Diet||Dairy Free, Low Carb|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Broth, Sausage, White Beans|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||90 minutes|
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb smoked sausage cut into
1/2 inchdisks, pork or turkey
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 4 cups chicken broth (low-sodium), warmed
- 1 lb dried small white beans rinsed and picked over, like navy beans
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme OR
1 tbspcajun seasoning
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When oil gets hot, brown the cut sausage on both sides. Transfer browned meat to a shallow dish and cover loosely with foil.
- Add onion, carrots and celery to the pot and saute until onion is soft, 3-4 minutes.
- Add broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Put the sausage back into the pot, add sorted and rinsed beans and stir to combine.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/-keys and program the Instant Pot for 60 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 15 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Serve hot, alongside fresh cornbread (optional).
*The MANUAL and PRESSURE COOK buttons are interchangeable.
All recipes by : Chop Secrets
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!