Ghee Mashed Potatoes
Vietnamese Brisket Tacos
|By :No Pressure Cookbook by Laurel Randolph|
I live in Los Angeles, where we are very fortunate to have a number of food trucks and eateries that serve stand-in-line-worthy Vietnamese-Mexican fusion. Vietnamese tacos might seem like a weird combo, but just trust me. It’s a match made in food heaven. Tender meat and crunchy veggies are dressed with savory, tangy, sweet, and salty ingredients for a happy marriage of flavors and textures—no waiting in line required.
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||72 minutes|
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 heaping tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 brisket (
2-2 1/2 pounds) at room temperature
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 cups rainbow coleslaw mix
- 1 cucumber cut into matchsticks
- 1 jalapeno thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 lime juiced
- tortillas warmed, for serving
- TURN on the Saute function. Add the sesame oil followed by the onion. Saute for 1 minute, add the garlic and ginger, and saute for 2 more minutes. Turn off the Saute function.
- SEASON the brisket with salt and pepper on both sides and add to the pot. Top with the hoisin sauce, fish sauce, sriracha, and water. Secure the lid.
- COOK at high pressure for 1 hour and use a natural release for 10 minutes followed by a quick release.
- IN a medium bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, cucumber, jalapeño, cilantro, rice vinegar, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss together.
- ONCE the pressure has released, remove the brisket to a cutting board and let rest. Turn on the Saute function and boil and the sauce for 10 minutes to thicken. Turn off. Slice the brisket into thin pieces again the grain, discarding fat. Return to the sauce.
- TOP warmed tortillas with sauce-coated brisket and slaw and serve.
No Pressure Cookbook by Laurel Randolph
Laurel Randolph has been a cook since she was old enough to properly hold a whisk and a writer for close to ten years. She is the bestselling author of The Instant Pot ® Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook. She has written for numerous publications including Serious Eats, Paste Magazine, Van Winkle’s, Table Matters, and PaulaDeen.com. Visit her at www.laurelrandloph.com.
All recipes by : No Pressure Cookbook by Laurel Randolph
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!