Risotto with Lemon and Shrimp
Vegetarian Butternut Squash Chili
|By :Chop Secrets|
Savory vegan chili packed with golden squash, fresh tomatoes and black beans, spiced with just the right amount of jalapeño and red onion for great flavor.
|Browse Category||Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Diet||Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Broth, Butternut Squash, Red Onion, Tomatoes|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 Jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 oz cups cooked black beans (or 15can drained and rinsed)
- 4 cups diced fresh tomatoes about
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash about
1 1/3 lbs
- 1 bay leaf
- Diced avocado chopped cilantro, lime wedges, additional sliced jalapeno, optional
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When oil gets hot, add onion and optional jalapeno to the pot and saute until onion is soft, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and chili powder and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add salt, black beans, tomatoes, squash and bay leaf to the pot and stir to combine.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 3 minutes.
- When the time is up, <.strong>quick-release the pressure.
- Serve hot topped with diced avocado, chopped cilantro, lime wedges and/or sliced jalapeno (optional).
*The MANUAL and PRESSURE COOK buttons are interchangeable.
All recipes by : Chop Secrets
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!