Vegetable Beef Soup
Learn how to make vegetable beef soup with our Instant Pot® Vegetable Beef Soup recipe, which makes preparing a savory, comforting soup faster and easier than ever. This flavorful soup has tender beef, vegetables and pasta that cook all together in the Instant Pot®, so prep and cleanup are easy. Beef broth provides the rich base while tomato paste, thyme and parsley round out the complex flavors of this delicious and hearty soup.
|Course||Main Course, Soup|
|Browse Category||Meat, Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Boneless Beef Chuck Roast, Parsley, Swanson® Beef Broth|
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast or stew beef cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cups Swanson® Beef Broth
- 2 carrots peeled and diced (about
- 1 Yukon gold potato unpeeled, cut into cubes (about
1 cup), 6 ounces
- 4 oz green beans trimmed and cut into
1/2 inchpieces (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup uncooked ditalini pasta small tube shaped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Season the beef with salt and pepper. On a
6 quartInstant Pot®, select the Saute setting. Heat the oil and add the beef and cook until well browned, stirring occasionally. Add the tomato paste and cook and stir for 2 minutes (cooking the tomato paste will enhance the flavor). Press Cancel.
- Add the broth, carrots, potato, green beans, ditalini and thyme. Lock the lid and close the pressure release valve. Pressure cook on High pressure, setting the timer to 8 minutes(timer will begin counting down once pressure is reached- it takes about 10 minutes). When done, press Cancel and use the quick release method to release the pressure.
- Stir in the peas. Season to taste and sprinkle with the parsley before serving.
Time-Saving Tip: Save on prep time by substituting frozen vegetables for fresh. Instead of adding the carrots with the broth, add frozen peas and carrots and frozen green beans at the end, and cook on the Saute setting for 5 minutes or until hot.
Nutrition Values Per Serving : Calories 197, Total fat 5.4 g, Saturated fat 1.3 g, Cholesterol 27 mg, Sodium 658 mg, Total carbohydrate 23.7 g, Dietary fiber 3.6 g, Protein 13.5 g, Vitamin A 465 %DV, Vitamin C 15 %DV, Calcium 3 %DV, Iron 13 %DV
*Pressure Cook and Manual buttons are interchangeable
All recipes by : Campbell's®
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!