Kashmiri Matar Pulao ( Peas Pulav)
Turmeric Rice (Kashmiri Tahar Yellow Rice)
|By :Shilpa Tiku - Fastcurries|
Just 4 simple, ingredients make up this Turmeric Rice (Kashmiri Tahar Yellow Rice) dish that will blow your mind! Kids and adults alike will be begging you to make it again! This traditional Kashmiri rice recipe turns your basic white rice into a vibrant and flavorful side dish.
|Keyword||Flavorful, Instant Pot, Yellow Rice|
|Home Category||Side Dish|
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||12 Minutes|
- 2 cups Basmati rice long grain, rinsed and soaked for 10 minutes in 4 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups Water for cooking
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric haldi
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ghee or mustard oil clarified butter
- Rinse the rice well until the water runs clear. Soak the rice in
4 cupswater for about 10 Minutes. This step is key since it makes the rice nice and fully.
- When you are ready to cook, discard the water. Further add the rice in the Instant Pot. Furthermore add 2 and
½ cupswater to the inner pot. Next, add in ground turmeric and salt. Stir well.
- Close the lid and select Manual for 6 Minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 5 Minutes and then quick release the pressure. Finally open the lid, fluff the rice with a fork, add ghee or smoked mustard oil and mix well.
Shilpa Tiku - Fastcurries
All recipes by : Shilpa Tiku - Fastcurries
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!