Horta (Greens) and Potatoes
Tomato Sauce with Artichokes and Olives
|By :Mediterranean Living|
This chunky tomato sauce tastes like its been cooking all day! Artichokes, pitted kalamata olives, and fresh basil add so much delicious Mediterranean flavor to this sauce. Serve this over your favorite pasta. A quick delicious Mediterranean recipe that couldn’t be easier!
|Browse Category||Rice & Pastas, Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Diet||Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Plant-Based, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
4 - 8 servings
- 2/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 32 oz artichoke hearts
2 cans 16 ozeach drained and cut in half
- 1/2 cup Pitted kalamata olives Whole
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil Washed and chopped
- 46 oz crushed tomatoes
2 Cans 28 ozeach
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tbsp Oregano Dried
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Set the Instant Pot to saute. Add olive oil and wait one minute to heat up.
- Add the onion and garlic, saute for one minute. Stir often.
- Add the artichokes, olives, basil and saute for one more minute, stirring often.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Cover the Instant pot and lock it in.
- Set the manual or pressure cook timer for 10 minutes. Make sure the timer is set to “sealing”.
- Once the timer reaches zero, quick release the pressure.
Mediterranean Living Bio: Mediterranean Living is a Mediterranean Diet and lifestyle community for busy people. We teach people how to eat the healthiest diet in the world with Mediterranean recipes, articles, videos, olive oil, cookbooks, online diet programs, and a weekly newsletter. Go to www.mediterraneanliving.com to join our community and download our free 7 day Mediterranean meal plan e-book here! Our Team: Bill Bradley is a Registered Dietitian and the founder of Mediterranean Living. He travels extensively teaching the benefits of eating Mediterranean. Bill’s wife Christine is a contributor to Mediterranean Living specializing in herbalism and recipe creation. Koula Barydakis, co-author of the Foods of Crete cookbook, is a chef and cooking teacher on the Greek island of Crete. Gerry LeBlanc is the developer of the website and a former fishmonger who specializes in Mediterranean seafood recipe formulation. George Zikos started as an intern while studying abroad in Greece, but since returning has worked as a food writer/social media marketer for Mediterranean Living.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!