Tofu and Mushroom Ramen
|By :I Love My Instant Pot®Soups, Stews, and Chilis Recipe Book by Kelly Jaggers|
Fresh shiitake mushrooms and soy sauce give this ramen a balanced umami, or savory, flavor, without using any meat. For a vegan version, look for egg-free fresh ramen noodles at the Asian market, or replace the noodles with finely shredded Napa cabbage.
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Carrot, Nori, Onion, Ramen Noodles, Shiitake Mushrooms, Tofu|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 medium onions peeled and chopped
- 18 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms stemmed and sliced
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 piece fresh ginger peeled and chopped,
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 block firm tofu drained and cubed,
- 1 package fresh ramen noodles
- 8 scallions cut into
- 8 sheets toasted nori
- 4 tsp chili oil
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot® and heat oil. Add carrots and onions to pot and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until they just soften, about 3 minutes, then add garlic, ginger, and soy sauce and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Press the Cancel button and add broth and tofu to pot. Stir well. Close lid, set steam release to Sealing, press the Manual button, and set time to 6 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, quick-release the pressure. Open lid and add ramen noodles. Cook according to package directions. Press the Cancel button and stir in scallions. Serve ramen in bowls with nori and chili oil for garnish.
*Manual and Pressure Cook buttons are interchangeable
I Love My Instant Pot®Soups, Stews, and Chilis Recipe Book by Kelly Jaggers
Nothing is more comforting than a hot bowl of soup—and with the Instant Pot, it’s never been faster or easier to cook up a delicious batch of soup. This cookbook makes using your Instant Pot more appetizing and satisfying than ever! This cookbook guides you through using the Instant Pot to create savory soups, stews, and chilis that are quick, easy, and full of flavor. With 175 recipes and photographs throughout, this is a must-have for all Instant Pot fans. From creamy split pea soup to spicy chili to nourishing chicken noodle soup, you’re sure to find the perfect soup for any day of the week. Including an easy-to-understand guide to the Instant Pot and hearty, flavorful recipes, The “I Love My Instant Pot” Soups, Stews, and Chilis Recipe Book is perfect for chefs of any level who are looking to warm up their day.
All recipes by : I Love My Instant Pot®Soups, Stews, and Chilis Recipe Book by Kelly Jaggers
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!