Salted Caramel Cheesecake with Pretzel Crumb Crust
Three-Cheese Mac 'n' Cheese
|By :Weldon Owen|
This is definitely an adult mac ’n’ cheese. The aromatic blend of cheeses creates a tangy, gooey, creamy meal. For a milder flavor, use all Cheddar cheese and leave out the dry mustard. The bread crumbs come together quickly while the pasta is cooking, and lend a just-from-the-oven finish.
|Course||Dinner, Lunch, Main Course|
|Browse Category||Dinner, Rice & Pastas|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 lb medium shells or any short dried pasta 450 g
- 2 1/2 cups Water 600 ml
- 2 cups heavy cream 475 ml
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter 3 oz/90 g
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese 115 g
- 1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese 115 g
- 1 cup shredded Fontina cheese 115 g
HERBED BREAD CRUMBS - OPTIONAL
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or fine dried bread crumbs or panko, 3½ oz/100 g
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
HERBED BREAD CRUMBS - OPTIONAL
- In the Instant Pot®, combine the shells, water, 1½ cups (350 ml) of the cream, 4 tablespoons (60 g) of the butter, and the mustard. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Give the mixture a stir, then lock the lid in place and turn the valve to Sealing. Press the Pressure Cook button and set the cook time for 7 minutes at high pressure.
- While the pasta cooks, make the bread crumbs, if using. In a frying pan over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the bread crumbs and parsley, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring constantly, until the crumbs are well toasted, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Let the steam release naturally for 10 minutes, then turn the valve to Venting to quick-release any residual steam. Carefully remove the lid, add the cheeses, the remaining ½ cup (120 ml) cream, and the remaining 2 tablespoons (30 g) butter, and stir to mix well. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed.
- Divide among individual bowls, top with the herbed bread crumbs, if using, and freshly ground black pepper, and serve.
TIP Shells are an iconic pasta for this classic comfort food, but little diners might like smaller shapes like elbow macaroni or ditalini.
Complete Instant Pot® Collection The Instant Pot® has become an instant classic, a must-have item for home cooks everywhere. Designed to increase the versatility of your Instant Pot® or Duo Crisp machine, The Complete Instant Pot® Cookbook features a curated collection of classic and contemporary recipes that utilize this innovative device to its maximum potential and yield delicious, streamlined meals. The well-tested recipes include all the basics—like yogurt, eggs, jam, rice, grains, and beans—as well as dishes for every meal of the day. You’ll learn the fundamentals and benefits of cooking various cuts of meat—such as pork shoulder, chicken thighs, or beef chuck—in an Instant Pot®. Quick and simple soup stocks—including chicken, fish, bone, and vegetable—allow you to maximize the flavor of your favorite dishes in less time than traditional methods. Plus, the Instant Pot® primer gives you all the insider tips on how to maximize the effectiveness and versatility of the Instant Pot® and the Air Fryer lid. Beyond the basics, The Complete Instant Pot® Cookbook covers a versatile range of flavor profiles and dishes. From comforting classics like bolognese, posole, and Thai basil noodles, to lighter fare such as chicken braised with citrus and olives, gingery salmon, and zesty and bright wild rice salad, to decadent desserts like molten lava cakes and key lime pie, you’ll find plenty of inspiration for getting the most out of your pressure cooker.
All recipes by : Weldon Owen
You might also like