The Diner Burger
|By :Donna-Marie Pye|
According to my chef friend Patrick, the best burgers contain three types of ground meat and only a good seasoning of salt and pepper. Having made many burgers, I totally agree with him. Keep it simple. There is no need for any other fillers, like bread crumbs or egg. The mixture of meats will keep these burgers tender and juicy.
|Course||Dinner, Main Course|
|Main Ingredient||Ground Pork, Lean Ground Beef, Medium Ground Beef|
|Keyword||air fry, air fryer burger, air fryer recipe|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||9 minutes|
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef 500 g
- 1/2 lb medium ground beef 250 g
- 1/2 lb ground pork 250 g
- freshly ground black pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 6 cheese slices
- 6 hamburger buns
- lettuce, tomato, sliced onions, cooked bacon
- 2 tbsp ketchup 30 mL
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise 75 mL
- 2 tsp relish or chopped pickles 10 mL
- In a bowl, combine all the meats, gently mixing so you don’t overmix. Shape and press into six patties, about 1/4 inch (6 mm) thick. Press a divot into the center of each patty with your thumb. Season outsides of patties well with salt and pepper. Place three patties on each cooking tray, divot side down. Lightly spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Place drip pan in the bottom of cooking chamber. Using the display panel, select Air Fry, adjust Temperature to 375°F (190°C) and set Time to 9 minutes. Preheat Vortex until display indicates Add Food.
- Place cooking trays in bottom and middle positions. When display indicates Turn Food, flip patties over so they are divot side up and switch bottom cooking tray to top position and middle cooking tray to bottom position. Cook until lightly browned, juices run clear when pierced and internal temperature reads 160°F (71°C) on meat thermometer.
- Place cheese slice on top of each burger. Using the display panel, select Broil, adjust Temperature to 400°F (200°C) and set Time to 2 minutes. Preheat Vortex until display indicates Add Food.
- Place cooking tray one at a time in top position and cook until cheese is melted.
- Mayonnaise Sauce: Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup and relish; mix well.
- To assemble, spread Mayonnaise Sauce over inside of buns, place burger on bottom and garnish with toppings of your choice.
-When cooking only one or two burgers, place cooking tray in middle position and, when Vortex indicates TURN FOOD, move tray to top position.
-To prepare burgers from frozen, place frozen burgers on cooking tray. PREHEAT Vortex as above but set TIME to 12 minutes. Continue cooking as directed.
Courtesy of The Essential Instant Vortex Air Fryer Oven Cookbook by Donnie-Marie Pye © 2020 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. Available where books are sold.
Image credit: gettyimages.com
All recipes by : Donna-Marie Pye
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!