Flaky Fun Corn Beef Dumplings with Brown Butter Kimchi
Thai Spiced Chicken Coconut Soup
|By :Stephanie Izard|
This is more than a soup; it is a layers-of-flavor; rich but bright at the same time, kind of meal. It tastes like you simmered it on a hot stove for hours. The result is tender chicken in a spiced coconut broth that has a bit of heat, balanced with the finished touch of fish sauce and bright lime juice.
|Cooking Technique||Instant Pot|
|Main Ingredient||Chicken, Coconut Cream, stew, Sweet Onion, This little goat went to Thailand spice, Tomato|
|Keyword||chicken, instant pot soup recipe, instant pot stew recipe, soup, stew, tomato|
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||10 Minutes|
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp This little goat went to thailand spice
- 1 piece sweet onion julienned
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 pieces Vine tomatoes ripe, diced
- 395 g coconut cream
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 piece lime
- 680 g Chicken thigh skinned, boneless
- 1 tsp oil
- jasmine rice as needed, steamed, to serve
- cilantro as needed, to garnish
- serrano pepper as needed. finely sliced, to garnish
- Check the chicken for any pieces of bone or cartilage and remove them.
- Cut chicken into thick, bite-size strips.
- Place the chicken into a bowl and season with
1 tspof This Little Goat went to Thailand Spice and 1 tbspsalt, making sure to cover evenly. Set aside and save it for later use.
- Select the sauté setting #6 on your Instant Pot and let it heat until the beeps indicate it is at the proper temperature.
- Once preheated, drizzle oil in the pot to cover the bottom (about 1 tsp) and heat for 1 minute.
- Place half the number of chicken thighs in the pot and let them sear for approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- Once browned, remove, set aside, and repeat with the other half of the chicken thighs.
- Keeping the Instant Pot on sauté, add in the onions, the browned chicken,
1/2 tspof kosher salt, and the rest of the Thai spice. Let cook for approximately 1-2 minutes until the onions begin to become translucent.
- Press cancel on the Instant Pot, then add tomatoes and coconut cream to your pot.
- Close and lock the lid and turn the steam release handle to seal it.
- Set your Instant Pot to Pressure and sit back and relax. Cook, High, 10 minutes,Quick Release, and Start.
- Raise the lid and add fish sauce and 1 lime. Taste
- Feel free to add more lime and fish sauce if desired.
- Serve with steamed rice, topped with cilantro and your preference of sliced chilies.
All recipes by : Stephanie Izard
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!