Thai Green Tofu Curry
Thai Green Tofu Curry
|By :Graham and James Sharman|
Perfect with coconut rice.
|Course||Dinner, Lunch, Main Course|
|Browse Category||Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Keyword||instant pot curry, instant pot curry recipe, tofu|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 14 oz Firm tofu not silken, cubed into 1 inch/2.5 cm pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 inch ginger peeled and grated, 2.5 cm
- 1 handful fresh cilantro or coriander stalks
- 3 tbsp green curry paste
- 2 x 14 oz cans of coconut milk 800 ml
- 2 green bird's eye chilies halved lengthways
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- Zest of 1 lime
- 4 small potatoes unpeeled and quartered
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced lengthways
- 1 handful green beans trimmed
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch or corn flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp cold water
- Cut 14 oz/400g firm tofu (not silken) into 1 inch/ 2.5 cm pieces. Use paper towel to absorb any excess moisture.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Once hot, add
1 tbspof the olive oil, sauté gently turning for 5 minutes until golden on all sides, remove and set aside.
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot on normal heat (custom level 3 for the Evo Plus).
- Once display says HOT, add the rest of the oil along with 1 onion (chopped), 3 garlic cloves (crushed), 1 inch/2.5 cm ginger (peeled and grated), and 1 handful of fresh coriander stalks. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
3 tbspgreen curry paste, cook for another minute. Stir regularly.
- Add 2 x 14 oz/400 ml cans coconut milk, 2 green bird's eye chilies (halved lengthways),
4 tbspsoy sauce, zest of 1 lime, 4 small potatoes (unpeeled, quartered), and 2 medium carrots (peeled and sliced lengthways). Stir then press CANCLE.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set valve to seal, select manual high pressure (pressure cook custom high on Evo Plus) for 10 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps, quick release the pressure.
- When pin drops, open the lid. Press CANCLE.
- Press Sauté as above, add 1 handful green beans (trimmed), cook for 4 minutes, then add 1 green bell pepper (sliced), cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
1 1/2 tbspcornstarch/corn flour with 1 1/2 tbspcold water in a cup, stir in to thicken. Press CANCLE.
- Stir in reserved tofu, 2 handfuls of spinach, and 1 handful fresh coriander leaves.
Graham and James Sharman
A collaboration between an experienced pressure cook and Instant Pot enthusiast and his son, a Michelin star restaurant-trained world-class chef. A must for beginners to hardened multi-cooker enthusiasts.
All recipes by : Graham and James Sharman
You might also like