Thai Chicken Soup
Our recipe for Instant Pot® Thai Chicken Soup delivers authentic flavor with ingredients easy to find at the grocery store, and by using your Instant Pot®, you can have it on the table in only 50 minutes. In this recipe, chicken broth and coconut milk provide a rich and savory base for the colorful vegetables including carrots, peppers and mushrooms. We used Thai red curry paste to flavor the broth, which is a convenient and easy way to incorporate depth of flavor from spices such as red chilies, garlic and ginger. Brands of Thai curry paste vary in intensity of heat and flavor, so feel free to adjust the amount of curry paste. Try this recipe today and learn how to make Thai coconut soup!
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||boneless & skinless chicken breasts, Swanson® Chicken Broth, Thai Red Curry Paste|
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 4 carrots peeled and cut into matchstick-thin strips (about
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut into short thin strips (about
- 5 oz sliced shiitake mushrooms about
2 1/2 cups
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half horizontally
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste or green curry paste
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp grated lime zest
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Place the carrots, red pepper, mushrooms, chicken, curry paste, sugar and broth into a
6 quartInstant Pot®.
- Lock the lid and close the pressure release valve. Pressure cook on High pressure, setting the timer to 4 minutes (timer will begin counting down once pressure is reached- it takes about 15 minutes). When done, press Cancel and use the quick release method to release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and stir in the coconut milk. Shred the chicken and return to the pot. Select the Saute setting and cook for 2 minutes or until hot. Stir in the lime juice and lime zest just before serving. Serve sprinkled with the cilantro.
Ingredient Note: We developed this recipe using Thai Kitchen® red curry paste. Please note, though, that the blend of spices in the paste varies by brand, so different brands can have different heat levels. You might want to adjust the amount of curry paste in this recipe to factor in the brand’s heat level and to fit your own preferences.
Nutrition Values Per Serving : Calories 252, Total fat 15.5 g, Saturated fat 12.7 g, Cholesterol 32 mg, Sodium 777 mg, Total carbohydrate 14.4 g, Dietary fiber 2.2 g, Protein 14.8 g, Vitamin A 915 %DV, Vitamin C 34 %DV, Calcium 4 %DV, Iron 17 %DV
*Pressure Cook and Manual buttons are interchangeable
All recipes by : Campbell's®
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!