Strip roast ragout
|By :Lorena Salinas|
Lorena Salinas is the chef and creator of the Cravings Journal blog, where she has been sharing recipes for more than 4 years.
|Browse Category||Side Dishes|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Chicken, Garlic, Ginger, Light Brown Sugar, Rice vinegar, Sesame Seeds, Soy Sauce|
|Keyword||15 Minutes or Less, Instant Pot|
|Home Category||Side Dish|
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time||10 Minutes|
- 2 pieces chicken I used breasts
- ½ cup soy sauce 120 ml
- ¼ cup Ginger peeled and sliced, 20 g
- 1 clove garlic peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup cold water 60 ml
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar 70 g
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp corn starch dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- toasted sesame seeds
- Green part of a green onion cut in thin rings
- Place the inner pot inside the Instant Pot. Add the chicken, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, water, light brown sugar, and vinegar.
- Close and lock the Instant Pot lid. Make sure the steam release handle is turned to Sealing. Press Pressure Cook, pressure level High, and set time to 10 Minutes.
- Once the time is up, press Cancel and turn the steam release handle to Venting. Once all the pressure has been released, open the lid.
- Remove the chicken and shred with a fork.
- Pres Saute and add the dissolved corn starch. Stir constantly until thickened.
- Strain the teriyaki sauce. Mix with the shredded chicken and toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve with chopped green onion and rice or other side dish.
All recipes by : Lorena Salinas
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!