Ace Blender - Chickpea Curry Soup
Tempeh and Potato Coconut Curry
|By :JL Fields|
|Browse Category||Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Diet||Celiac, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Plant-Based, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Coconut Milk, Potatoes, Tempeh|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 package tempeh steamed
- 3/4 cup yellow curry broth
- 2 cups onion sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger ground
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups potatoes diced
- 5.4 ounces coconut milk unsweetened
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a covered Instant Pot (with a glass lid), heat about
1/4 cupof the yellow curry broth on medium to high heat.
- Add onions, ginger, turmeric and cumin and saute. Add potatoes and sauté a few minutes.
- Crumble tempeh into tiny pieces (resembling ground meat), mix well, then add coconut milk.
- Close the Instant Pot and Cook at low pressure for 4 minutes by using the Manual setting, adjusting pressure to low, and setting cook time to 4 minutes.
- When time is up, use a quick release.
- Remove the lid and, uncovered, simmer until liquid is absorbed. Add salt and pepper (if desired). Enjoy!
JL Fields is the founder and culinary director of the Colorado Springs Vegan Cookign Academy. She is a vegan lifestyle coach and educator, Food for Life instructor, chef instructor at the University of New Mexico-Taos, personal chef and a corporate consultant. She is the author of many successful cookbooks, including “Vegan Pressure Cooking, Delicious beans, Grains and One-Pot Meals in Minutes”, co creator of “The Real World Vegan Meal Plan”, producer and host of the radio show Easy Vegan, and writes the monthly vegan dining review for the Colorado Springs Gazette.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!