Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Sweet Potato Hummus
|By :The I Love my Instant Pot Anti-Inflammatory Diet Recipe Book by Maryea Flaherty|
raditional hummus gets an extra nutritional boost from vitamin A–rich sweet potatoes in this healthy appetizer. The sweetness of the potatoes is countered nicely with the sesame paste and ground cumin. A perfect balance! To keep this an anti-inflammatory snack, use this hummus as a dip for carrot sticks, celery stalks, or cucumbers.
|Browse Category||Side Dishes, Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Duration||less than 15 min|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Chickpeas, Sweet Potato, Tahini|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||7 minutes|
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 sweet potato (large) peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large lemon the juice from the lemon is needed
- 15 oz cooked chickpeas (
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Press the Sauté button and pour the oil into the inner pot. Allow it to heat 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato and salt and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for an additional 30 seconds. Press the Cancel button.
- Add the lemon juice and secure the lid. Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button and adjust the time to 2 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, quick-release pressure until float valve drops and then unlock lid. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Transfer the contents of the inner pot to a large food processor. Add the chickpeas, tahini, and cumin and process until you have a smooth mixture.
- Allow the hummus to chill in the refrigerator at least before serving.
CALORIES: 114 | FAT: 6g | PROTEIN: 4g | SODIUM: 250mg | FIBER: 3g | CARBOHYDRATES: 11g | SUGAR: 1g
The I Love my Instant Pot Anti-Inflammatory Diet Recipe Book by Maryea Flaherty
175 anti-inflammatory diet recipes to make for the hottest kitchen appliance—the Instant Pot®—for those who want fast, delicious meals the whole family will love. Chronic inflammation is a major health risk and can wreak havoc on your body, contributing to many types of diseases. But preventing and/or reducing inflammation doesn’t have to be an overwhelming challenge. Diet—particularly one high in processed, fatty, and sugary foods—is one of the main causes of chronic inflammation, but by introducing anti-inflammatory meals into your diet, you can reduce inflammation and enjoy a healthier lifestyle. The Instant Pot can be used to create healthy anti-inflammatory meals that are quick, easy, and most importantly delicious. With 175 recipes and photographs throughout, this cookbook is perfect for those who follow an anti-inflammatory diet. Whether you are new to the Instant Pot or an expert, this easy-to-understand cookbook takes you step-by-step through exactly how the Instant Pot works and offers simple recipes that anyone can follow. The “I Love My Instant Pot®” Anti-Inflammatory Diet Recipe Book shows you how to make satisfying, whole-food dishes from breakfast to dinner and from snacks to dessert. Discover how quick and easy it is to follow the anti-inflammatory diet using everyone’s favorite cooking appliance. This cookbook makes creating healthy recipes in your Instant Pot easier than ever! Maryea Flaherty is the blogger behind Happy Healthy Mama, a healthy lifestyle blog that inspires others to live their healthiest life. She's been blogging since 2010 and her work has been featured on Self, BuzzFeed, Greatist, Foodgawker, Tastespotting, Finding Vegan, and in Low Sugar Living magazine. She is the author of The “I Love My Instant Pot” Anti-Inflammatory Diet Recipe Book and Anti-Inflammatory Drinks for Health.
All recipes by : The I Love my Instant Pot Anti-Inflammatory Diet Recipe Book by Maryea Flaherty
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!