Sweet Potato Chili
Sweet Potato Chili
|By :Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook by Dana Angelo White|
Sweet potato, black beans, and hearty vegetables give this vegetarian chili flavor, texture, and gorgeous color, as well as 8 grams of hunger-fighting fiber per serving.
|Browse Category||Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Corn, Diced Tomatoes, Sweet Potato|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces black beans
1 canrinsed and drained
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- Select Sauté and add the canola oil to the inner pot. Add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant and the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the chili powder and cumin, followed by the tomatoes, black beans, bell pepper, sweet potato, and kosher salt. Stir well.
- Cover, lock the lid, and flip the steam release handle to the sealing position. Select Pressure Cook (High) and set the cook time for 15 minutes. When the cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally (about 20 minutes).
- Remove the lid and stir in the corn. Ladle the chili into serving bowls. Serve hot.
Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook by Dana Angelo White
Dana Angelo White, MS, RD, ATC is a registered dietitian, certified athletic trainer, author, journalist, and nutrition and fitness consultant. She is a Sports Dietition and Clinical Professor at Quinnipiac University, specializing in culinary nutrition, recipe development and sports nutrition. She is the author of First Bites: Superfoods for Babies and Toddlers, a nutrition expert for Food Network.com and founding contributor for Food Network’s Healthy Eats blog. Dana has served on advisory boards for Applegate, Chobani and Healthy Happy Kids. Dana works closely with chefs and authors to develop creative and healthy recipes for cookbooks, magazines, menus and her own personal blog.
All recipes by : Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook by Dana Angelo White
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!