Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
|By :The I Love my Instant Pot Anti-Inflammatory Diet Recipe Book by Maryea Flaherty|
Southwest flavors are prevalent in this vegan chili. Ancho chili powder lends a subtle heat and smoked paprika adds a smoky depth that will leave you satisfied. Even meat lovers will be left wondering why they ever thought chili had to have beef to be amazing. The Instant Pot® make this preparation so much quicker than the stovetop and pressure cooking intensifies the flavor.
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Black Beans, Diced Tomatoes, Onion, Tomato Paste, Vegetable Stock|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||27 minutes|
- 1/2 lb dry black beans
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium onion peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 sweet potatoes (medium-large in size ) peeled and cut into
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ancho chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 28 oz can diced fireroasted tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 6 oz tomato paste
- Place the dry beans in a large bowl and cover with
5 cupswater. Allow to soak at room temperature 4–8 hours. Drain the beans and set aside.
- Drizzle the oil into the Instant Pot®. Press the Sauté button, add the onion, and sauté until softened, about 5–6 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the soaked beans, sweet potatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, cinnamon, tomatoes, stock, and tomato paste. Stir well to combine and scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the inner pot. Secure the lid.
- Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button and adjust the time to 20 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure until float valve drops, then unlock lid.
CALORIES: 268 | FAT: 4g | PROTEIN: 13g | SODIUM: 1,170mg | FIBER: 12g | CARBOHYDRATES: 49g | SUGAR: 17g
The I Love my Instant Pot Anti-Inflammatory Diet Recipe Book by Maryea Flaherty
175 anti-inflammatory diet recipes to make for the hottest kitchen appliance—the Instant Pot®—for those who want fast, delicious meals the whole family will love. Chronic inflammation is a major health risk and can wreak havoc on your body, contributing to many types of diseases. But preventing and/or reducing inflammation doesn’t have to be an overwhelming challenge. Diet—particularly one high in processed, fatty, and sugary foods—is one of the main causes of chronic inflammation, but by introducing anti-inflammatory meals into your diet, you can reduce inflammation and enjoy a healthier lifestyle. The Instant Pot can be used to create healthy anti-inflammatory meals that are quick, easy, and most importantly delicious. With 175 recipes and photographs throughout, this cookbook is perfect for those who follow an anti-inflammatory diet. Whether you are new to the Instant Pot or an expert, this easy-to-understand cookbook takes you step-by-step through exactly how the Instant Pot works and offers simple recipes that anyone can follow. The “I Love My Instant Pot®” Anti-Inflammatory Diet Recipe Book shows you how to make satisfying, whole-food dishes from breakfast to dinner and from snacks to dessert. Discover how quick and easy it is to follow the anti-inflammatory diet using everyone’s favorite cooking appliance. This cookbook makes creating healthy recipes in your Instant Pot easier than ever! Maryea Flaherty is the blogger behind Happy Healthy Mama, a healthy lifestyle blog that inspires others to live their healthiest life. She's been blogging since 2010 and her work has been featured on Self, BuzzFeed, Greatist, Foodgawker, Tastespotting, Finding Vegan, and in Low Sugar Living magazine. She is the author of The “I Love My Instant Pot” Anti-Inflammatory Diet Recipe Book and Anti-Inflammatory Drinks for Health.
All recipes by : The I Love my Instant Pot Anti-Inflammatory Diet Recipe Book by Maryea Flaherty
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!