Risotto with Lemon and Shrimp
Succulent Beef Short Ribs
|By :Chop Secrets|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||100 minutes|
- 2 lbs beef Short Ribs
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1 shallot diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Season the sort ribs with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil and butter to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When oil gets hot and butter melts, brown the meat on both sides, 6 minutes per side. Meat will not be cooked through. Do not crowd the pot--you may have to work in batches. Transfer browned meat to a shallow dish and cover loosely with foil.
- Add carrot, shallot and garlic to the pot and saute until shallots begin to brown, 2-3 minutes.
- Add wine to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Put the meat back into to the pot, turning once to coat. Top with thyme sprigs.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 45 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 15 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the meat from the pot to a serving plate and cover loosely with foil.
- Using a wide spoon or a fat separator, skim off most of the fat in the remaining liquid and discard.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then select SAUTE. Mix in balsamic vinegar and cook and stir until sauce is reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Discard thyme sprigs.
- Serve beef drizzled with sauce.
*The MANUAL and PRESSURE COOK buttons are interchangeable.
All recipes by : Chop Secrets
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!