Strip roast ragout
|By :Lorena Salinas|
Lorena Salinas is the chef and creator of the Cravings Journal blog, where she has been sharing recipes for more than 4 years.
|Browse Category||Main Dishes|
|Duration||1 Hour 40 Minutes|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cooking|
|Main Ingredient||Canned Peeled and Chopped Tomato, Dried Pasta, Strip Roast|
|Keyword||Basics, Pasta, Red Meats, Valentine's Day|
|Home Category||Main Dishes|
- 1 kg of strip roast
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 1 stalk of celery finely chopped
- Leaves from 1 oregano sprig or 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary leaves or 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves grated, minced, or finely minced
- 400 gr of canned peeled and chopped tomato
- 200 ml of red wine
- Salt and pepper
- 400 gr of dry pasta
- Clean strip roast pieces to remove large chunks of fat and membranes. Cut into pieces of 1 bone each.
- Insert the bowl into the Instant Pot® pot. Press the SAUTEE functionality on the PLUS level and 20 MINUTES in time and wait for it to preheat. When it is ready, add the oil and the pieces of strip roast. Sear on all sides until golden brown. Season.
- Remove the meat and reserve. Add the onion, celery and herbs and mix constantly for 5-8 minutes or until it looks transparent and smells sweet. Take advantage of the onion to scrape up the golden bits that the meat left at the base, that gives a lot of flavor!
- Add the garlic and mix constantly for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and tomatoes and let it come to a boil. Press CANCEL .
- Return the meat to the bowl of the Instant Pot® and mix.
- Put on and lock the lid of the Instant Pot®. Make sure the steam release valve is turned to “Sealing”. Press the PRESSURE COOK function, at the HIGH pressure level , and set the time to 1 HOUR .
- Once that time has elapsed, press CANCEL and release the pressure by turning the valve.
- Open the lid and remove the pieces of meat and bones (probably many have come loose. Press SAUTE on the MORE level for 20 MINUTES to reduce the liquid. During this time shred the meat. Discard the bones.
- Mix the meat with the liquid and taste. Correct salt level.
- Serve with the pasta cooked in plenty of salted water.
All recipes by : Lorena Salinas
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!