You might also like
The Spicy Apron
I love to cook. But doesn’t every food blogger’s “about me” start that way? I can’t imagine anyone putting in the amount of time and effort a food blog requires unless they love to cook! The real question is why should you follow mine – what makes me the “expert” you’re looking for? Hopefully this answers that:
- I was a successful litigation attorney for many years – It’s where I learned the power of persuasive writing. I figured that if I could convince judges and juries to award millions of dollars to my clients, then I can probably convince you to try my hummus chicken.
- I was the CEO of a large medical practice and laboratory that I helped start and run until it was sold to a national organization – It’s where I learned how to manage a bazillion things at one time. And keep a smile on my face!
- I owned a tattoo shop – Now that was interesting! That’s where I learned the power of social media.
- I was a pharmaceutical sales rep – That’s where I learned how to “work it” in a short skirt.
- I used to sell cars – It’s where I learned the value of honesty. It’s always the best policy.
- I was a model in Hollywood (many many years ago!) – It’s where I learned how to prance around in a bikini and not feel stupid. It’s also where I learned how to take rejection. Lots of rejection! (Maybe I should have re-thought that whole bikini thing…)
- I have five kids (and they all eat!) – They’re each two years apart. Numbers four and five were born while I was in law school. That’s when I learned the real meaning of organization. I don’t really remember law school. Can you blame me?
- I was a nationally ranked springboard diver – That’s when I learned that no matter how good you are, there’s always someone better. Learn from them.
- I have had marriage failures and successes – I’ve learned WAY too many things through those to list here. But it boils down to… you get what you give. And the giving comes first.
- I cook for anywhere from 12-20 people nearly every day (read more about that below) – I have an amazing, wonderful, fun, exciting, and sometimes infuriating family! They’re awesome, and I wouldn’t change anything for the world! I’m one lucky person!!