• For a 3-quart Instant Pot, you must halve all of the ingredient amounts (using half a small orange with the cloves stuck into the peel).
• For a 10-quart Instant Pot, you must increase all of the ingredient amounts by 50 percent.
• This dish is something of a French tradition, although not with apple cider. To go the bistro route, substitute a bold red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon, for the cider.
• Or switch things up and use a sweet Riesling instead of the apple cider.
• We spoon the pears and syrup over vanilla ice cream, because why not?