The Best Fillet Steak and Chunky Chips
Speedy Kleftiko Greek Lamb
|By :The Culinary Cartel|
|Cooking Technique||Instant Pot Duo Crisp / Pro Crisp|
|Main Ingredient||Lamb Shanks|
|Keyword||instant pot meat|
|Cook Time||52 Minutes|
- 2 kg lamb shanks
- 1 clove head garlic peeled and smashed
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 4 large red tomatoes roughly diced
- 4 bay leaves
- 10 g fresh oregano
- 50 ml Water
- 500 g waxy baby red skin potatoes
- 70 g feta cheese
- Salt pepper and oil as needed
- Select Sauté on the Inner Pot and set to the highest heat
- Season each shank with a pinch of salt. Add a drizzle of oil into the inner pot and add the lamb shanks
- Brown the shanks on all sides until golden. If your shanks are rather big, do this in two batches or do all 4 in a large frying pan instead. Once the lamb is brown, cancel the Sauté setting
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, tomato paste, tomatoes, bay leaves, oregano (reserve some for serving), add water into the inner pot. (If you browned your lamb in a saucepan, add them to the inner pot)
- Secure the lid, select Pressure Cook and set the timer to 30 minutes. When the cooking program has finished, perform a quick pressure release.
- Remove the lid and add the potatoes to the inner pot, around the lamb
- Secure the lid again, select Pressure Cook and set the time to 4 minutes. Once the timer is up, allow a natural pressure release for 10 minutes. Test the potatoes are cooked through by piercing them with a knife. Add another minute of pressure cooking if they are still a little hard.
- Season the Greek lamb to taste with salt and pepper, sprinkle over half feta.
- Remove the inner pot and pour out as much of the cooking liquid as possible. This will expose more of the lamb and veg for crisping.
- Swap for the air fryer lid, select Air Fry and set the time for 8 minutes, and temperature to 205°C. Cook until the potatoes and the top of the lamb is a little golden brown.
- If you don't have an Instant Pot Duo Crisp or Pro Crisp, tip the lamb and potatoes into a large baking tray, and bake in the oven at 200°C until lightly golden.
- Spoon the dish onto a serving platter, add the remaining feta and scatter over a little more picked oregano.
- Serve immediately.
The Culinary Cartel
All recipes by : The Culinary Cartel
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!