Salted Caramel Cheesecake with Pretzel Crumb Crust
Soy-Glazed Salmon with Ginger
|By :Weldon Owen|
Healthy and light, salmon fillets are a breeze to cook in an Instant Pot—and won’t leave a fishy smell in your kitchen. Marinating them in a zesty mix of soy sauce, ginger, and lime both tenderizes and flavors the fish, and a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds imparts a crunchy nuttiness to the finished dish.
|Course||Dinner, Main Course|
|Browse Category||Dinner, Fish & Seafood|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Keyword||fish recipes, instant pot, salmon, salmon recipe|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Passive Time||30 minutes|
- 1/4 cup soy sauce 60 ml
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 oz salmon fillets with skin about 6 (180 g) each
- FOR SERVING
- toasted sesame seeds steamed white or brown rice
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the soy sauce, lime zest and juice, ginger, and brown sugar. Place the salmon fillets in a shallow pan or baking dish and pour the marinade over the top. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Transfer the salmon to the Instant Pot®, skin side up, and pour the remaining marinade over the fish. Lock the lid in place and turn the valve to Sealing. Press the Pressure Cook button and set the cook time for 1 minute (for rare salmon) or 2 minutes (for medium salmon) at low pressure.
- Let the steam release naturally for 5 minutes, then turn the valve to Venting to quick-release any residual steam. Carefully remove the lid and use tongs to transfer the salmon to a serving platter. Press the Cancel button to reset the program.
- Press the Sauté button and simmer the cooking liquid until it has thickened, 3–4 minutes. To serve, spoon over the salmon and top with sesame seeds. Serve rice alongside.
BONUS STEP To make this dish into a meal, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 cups (150 g) sliced bok choy or other firm green vegetable, and a splash of water to the hot pot after the sauce is spooned over the salmon and cook in Sauté mode until tender, about 3 minutes.
Complete Instant Pot® Collection The Instant Pot® has become an instant classic, a must-have item for home cooks everywhere. Designed to increase the versatility of your Instant Pot® or Duo Crisp machine, The Complete Instant Pot® Cookbook features a curated collection of classic and contemporary recipes that utilize this innovative device to its maximum potential and yield delicious, streamlined meals. The well-tested recipes include all the basics—like yogurt, eggs, jam, rice, grains, and beans—as well as dishes for every meal of the day. You’ll learn the fundamentals and benefits of cooking various cuts of meat—such as pork shoulder, chicken thighs, or beef chuck—in an Instant Pot®. Quick and simple soup stocks—including chicken, fish, bone, and vegetable—allow you to maximize the flavor of your favorite dishes in less time than traditional methods. Plus, the Instant Pot® primer gives you all the insider tips on how to maximize the effectiveness and versatility of the Instant Pot® and the Air Fryer lid. Beyond the basics, The Complete Instant Pot® Cookbook covers a versatile range of flavor profiles and dishes. From comforting classics like bolognese, posole, and Thai basil noodles, to lighter fare such as chicken braised with citrus and olives, gingery salmon, and zesty and bright wild rice salad, to decadent desserts like molten lava cakes and key lime pie, you’ll find plenty of inspiration for getting the most out of your pressure cooker.
All recipes by : Weldon Owen
You might also like