Risotto with Lemon and Shrimp
Soy Ginger Pork and Rice
|By :Chop Secrets|
|Browse Category||Meat, Rice & Pastas|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Chicken Broth, Ginger, Pork, Rice|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 2 cups long grain white rice rinsed
- 2.5 cups Water
- 1 tbsp oil or bacon drippings
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless pork chops
1 - 1 1/2 inchesthick
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken or beef stock
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets optional
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cold water
- Add Rice Mixture ingredients to a
1.5 quartcasserole dish and set aside.
- Add oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When oil gets hot, brown the pork on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side. Meat will not be cooked through. Do not crowd the pot--you may have to work in batches. Transfer browned meat to a shallow dish and cover loosely with foil.
- Add Sauce Mixture ingredients to the Instant Pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Put the meat back into to the Instant Pot, turning once to coat.
- Insert a tall trivet or riser into the Instant Pot and carefully lower the casserole dish onto the riser using a foil sling. The bottom of the casserole should not be in contact with the pork mixture.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL , then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 14 minutes and adjust to LOW PRESSURE .
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Immediately remove the casserole and trivet. Quickly move pork to a cutting board to rest.
- (Optional) Add broccoli florets to the sauce and stir to combine. Close the pot lid and let stand for 3-5 minutes on the KEEP WARM setting or until broccoli has almost achieved the desired tenderness.
- Mix together the cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl and stir into the broccoli sauce until thickened, returning to <>strong> SAUTE mode as needed.
- Slice the pork against the grain. Serve over rice with topped with sauce and broccoli.
*The MANUAL and PRESSURE COOK buttons are interchangeable.
All recipes by : Chop Secrets
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!