Risotto with Lemon and Shrimp
Southwestern Shrimp Soup
|By :Chop Secrets|
|Browse Category||Fish & Seafood, Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Duration||less than 15 min|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Diced Tomatoes, Shrimp, Sour Cream|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes
1 can, undrained
- 15.5 ounce white hominy with liquid
1 can, drained
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined, frozen
- hot sauce (recommend Chipotle Tabasco)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1 lime quartered
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cumin, and
1/2 tspsalt. Cover and refrigerate.
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTÉ function.
- When oil is hot, add minced garlic. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes until garlic just begins to brown.
- Add tomatoes and their juices, hominy,
1 tspsalt, pepper and frozen shrimp all at once, stir to combine.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the + / - keys and program the Instant Pot for 1 minute.
- When the time is up, quick-release the pressure. Add hot sauce to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, top with a spoonful of the cumin cream, and sprinkle with the cilantro (if desired). Serve the lime on the side.
*The Manual and Pressure Cook buttons are interchangeable.
All recipes by : Chop Secrets
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!