Thai Green Tofu Curry
Sous Vide Thyme Infused Oil
|By :Graham and James Sharman|
A simple method to extract the maximum flavour into your infused oils.
|Browse Category||Seven Ingredients or Less, Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Cooking Technique||Sous Vide|
|Cook Time||3 hours|
makes 8 fl oz/1 cup
- 1 cup olive oil 250 ml
- 1/2 oz fresh thyme 15g (see tip)
- Fill inner pot to 3/4 full with hot water. Select Sous Vide mode custom 55°C/131°F, set time for 3 hours and bring up to temperature.
- Combine 1 cup/250 ml of olive oil and 1/2 oz/15g. fresh thyme in a sous vide compatible zipper type bag.
- Remove as much of the air as you can by lowering the bag into a bowl of water, using the water to push the air out of the bag, being careful not to allow any water into the bag. Seal while immersed or use a vacuum sealer.
- Once up to temperature cook for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, place in an ice bath to chill, then strain into a clean jar.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- Drizzle over roasted vegetables, grilled meats, or seafood.
Tip: If you want to give your oil a hint of smoke, try grilling your thyme on the barbecue for a few minutes beforehand.
Graham and James Sharman
A collaboration between an experienced pressure cook and Instant Pot enthusiast and his son, a Michelin star restaurant-trained world-class chef. A must for beginners to hardened multi-cooker enthusiasts.
All recipes by : Graham and James Sharman
You might also like