Plant Based Smokey Gouda Sauce
Smoky Black Eyed Peas
|By :Molly Patrick|
|Course||Main Course, Side Dish|
|Browse Category||Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Diet||Celiac, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, High Fibre, Plant-Based, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Black Eyed Peas, Carrot, Spices|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cups black-eyed peas dried, rinsed and strained
- 2 cups carrot sliced into coin shape rounds (
2 largecarrots )
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 grinds black peppercorns
- 4 cups Water
- 1 packed cup collard greens chopped
- Place all of the ingredients into the Instant Pot, except for the collard greens (black eyed peas, carrots, bay leaf, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, oregano, salt, black pepper and water).
- Stir and lock the lid into place, making sure the nozzle is pointed in the sealing position. Use the Manual setting and set the time for 25 minutes. When the time is up, turn off the Instant Pot and carefully use the quick release method until all of the pressure is out.
- Take off the lid and remove and discard the bay leaf. Add the collard greens and stir.
- Allow to cool before storing in the fridge. This will thicken as it sets. Add a bit of salt to taste if needed.
A true modern hippie, Molly lived in a teepee as a wee one, then moved into an adobe house that her parents built by hand. They didn't have indoor plumbing growing up, so it was outhouse city until she moved away for college. While she still has the free spirit, she also has a love affair with her Instant Pot, Netflix and indoor plumbing. Molly holds a certificate in plant-based nutrition from Cornell University in conjunction with the T. Colin Campbell Foundation. For over a decade she has been working in the plant-based field, and is overjoyed that so many people are turning to a Whole Food Plant Based diet. She would love to help you on your journey too! You can join Molly's community through her Facebook group "Clean Food Dirty Girl" and her email on her blog!
All recipes by : Molly Patrick
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!