Braised Short Ribs
Slowed Cooked Chicken and Chickpea Tagine
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Course||Dinner, Lunch, Main Course|
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Main Ingredient||Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, Canned Chickpeas, Vanilla Bean|
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||6 hours|
- 6 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups canned chickpeas
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Select SEAR/SAUTE and set the time to 30 minutes. Press START.
- Once preheated, add olive oil and unsalted butter to the Inner Pot. When the butter melts, add onion and cook until soften, for about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic salt and the spices, sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken thighs and combine well with the vegetables and spices.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and chicken broth. Scrape up brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Press CANCEL to turn off sauté.
- Add in the chickpeas, raisins and vanilla bean and make sure the chicken is fully soaked.
- Select SLOW COOK-Custom-High and set the time for 6 hours. Press START.
- Close the Pressure Cooking Lid on the pot and set to VENT.
- When slow cooking is complete, remove lid
- Serve and enjoy!
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
You might also like