Braised Short Ribs
Slow Cooked Thai Shrimp Soup (Tom Yum Goong)
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Cooking Technique||Slow Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Black oyster mushrooms, Galangal, Kaffir lime leaves, Lemongrass, Shrimp|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 1/2 hours|
- 18 Shrimp head and shell on
- 11 slices galangal
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves torn in large pieces
- 1 lemongrass
- 2 thai chili cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 lb black oyster mushroom
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 limes
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 3 1/2 tbsp shrimp paste regular
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 6 cups Water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup Cilantro leaves optional
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- Wash shrimp and remove heads. Return shrimp, except the heads, to the fridge.
- Select SAUTÉ-High and set the time for 30 minutes. Press START. Add canola oil to the Inner Pot.
- When the oil is hot, sauté shrimp heads until light golden, around 5 minutes.
- Add water to pot to prepare shrimp stock. Press CANCEL when the water starts to simmer.
- Select SLOW COOK-High and set the time to 1 1/2 hours. Press START. Close the lid and set to VENT.
- Cut the top and bottom end of the lemon grass. Crush all the surface with the back of the knife to infuse stock with flavor. Cut in 1-inch length pieces and add to pot.
- Add galangal pieces, teared kefir lime leaves, and chili pepper pieces to pot.
- Let the stock cook for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the back of the shrimps with a small kitchen scissor or knife. Clean the black vein if there is any. Take them back to the fridge.
- Tear mushrooms lengthwise to 2-3 pieces.
- Juice the limes.
- After 45 minutes, strain the stock and return the liquid to the pot. Discard the vegetables. Lime leaves, chili pepper and shrimp heads can be used for plate decoration.
- Add shrimp paste, red curry paste, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice. Stir. Taste and adjust these ingredients according to your preference.
- Add mushroom and sprinkle shrimps on top. Close the lid and let them cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, press CANCEL.
- Serve and enjoy!
Optional: Add cilantro leaves on top before service. For the creamy version, add 1.5 cups of evaporated milk at Step 13 with other ingredients.
Chef`s Tip: This is a spicy soup by nature. However, for a milder version. Cut the Thai chili pepper lengthwise and remove the seeds and the stem in the middle before adding to the pot.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
You might also like