Braised Short Ribs
Slow Cooked Spiced Beer Beef Chili
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Course||Dinner, Lunch, Main Course|
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Main Ingredient||Beer, Crushed Tomatoes, Garlic Cloves, Ground Beef, Pinto Beans, Red Kidney Beans, Red Onion, Tomato Paste|
|Keyword||chili, slow cook recipes|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||4 hours|
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion small diced
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 6 oz Can of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Sriracha powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 oz beer if desired substitute for 2 cups beef stock
- 14 oz Can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Brow sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 14 oz cans of Red kidney beans
- 1 14 oz can of Pinto beans
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- sour cream
- Grated old cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
- Select SAUTE-High and set the time to 40 minutes.
- While the pot is preheating, mix your spices: smoked paprika, sriracha powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper and ground cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- When the oil is hot add the onions and sea salt. Sauté for 2 minutes stirring frequently until just starting to soften.
- Add in the garlic and Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes then add the ground beef. Season with salt and cook breaking the beef into crumbles with a spatula until the beef has lost its pink color.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook until slightly darkened and caramelized, about 1 minute. Stir in all the spices and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the beer or beef stock and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Press CANCEL to turn off Sauté.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, cider vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce ,cocoa powder, kidney, and pinto beans. Combine all together.
- Close the Pressure Cooking Lid on the pot and set to pressure release to
- Select SLOW COOK-CUSTOM HIGH and set time to 4 hours.
- When the slow cook cycle is done, open the lid carefully and stir chili well.
- Optional: Serve with sour cream, grated old cheddar cheese, parsley, and enjoy with some tortilla chips!
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
You might also like