Braised Short Ribs
Slow Cooked Shredded Beef Ragu Fettuccine
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Course||Dinner, Main Course|
|Browse Category||Meat, Rice & Pastas|
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté, Slow Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Beef Chuck, Black Bean Garlic Sauce, Chuck Beef, Fettuccine|
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||4 hours|
- 2 1/2 lbs chuck beef cut into equal 2 pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup onions diced
- 1 cup carrots medium diced
- 1 cup celery medium diced
- 3 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 springs fresh thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 lb fettuccine
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnishing
- chopped fresh parsley for garnishing
- Pat the beef dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Select SEAR/SAUTE and set the time to 30 minutes. Press START.
- Once preheated, add
3 tbspof oil to the Inner Pot. Once oil starts to smoke, sear the meat on all sides for 8-10 minutes a side. Transfer beef to a large bowl.
- Add onions and
1/2 tspsalt, cook until onions are softened, 6-7 minutes, stirring often. Stir in the garlic, thyme and bay leaves and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant, then add the carrots and celery and sauté slowly for 5 minutes.
- Add red wine and whisk well. Scrape up brown bits from the bottom and smooth out any lumps.
- Stir in the tomato paste, crushed tomatoes and beef broth. Combine well.
- Return the beef to the Inner Pot, along with any juices from the beef. Stir well.
- Select SLOW COOK-Custom-High and set the time for 6 hours. Press START.
- Close the Pressure Cooking Lid on the pot and set to VENT.
- When it's done cooking, coarsely shred with 2 forks. Return beef to the Inner Pot. Select SEAR/SAUTE-Low and set the time to 15 minutes. Press START. Stir constantly until sauce is reduced and thickened, beef will soften slightly more during this step. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- When the time is done, transfer the sauce to a large bowl and set it aside.
- Rinse the Inner Pot very well.
4 cupsof water and the fettuccine into the Inner Pot. Close the Pressure Cooking Lid in the pot, and make sure it’s set to SEAL.
- Select PRESSURE COOK-PASTA and Set the Reminder Time to 5 minutes. Press START.
- Once you hear the reminder notification, do a Quick Release.
- Remove the Pressure Cooking Lid carefully.
- Drain the water and add in the sauce.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
You might also like