Braised Short Ribs
Slow Cooked Pulled Pork
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Course||Dinner, Lunch, Main Course|
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Main Ingredient||BBQ Sauce, Pork Shoulder|
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||8 hours|
- 4 lbs pork shoulder
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 onion peeled and quartered
- 1 carrot cut into 3 large pieces
- 1 celery rib cut into 3 large pieces
- 1 garlic head cut in half
- Trim fat from pork shoulder and cut into 4 large pieces, roughly the same size.
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Rub the mixture over the pork shoulder and coat evenly.
2 tbspolive oil to the inner pot and select SAUTE – 30 minutes and press START. Once the pot is hot, add 2 pieces of the pork and sear each side of the pork for 2 minutes each side. Remove pork and set aside on a plate. Repeat with remaining pork pieces.
- Once pork is seared and removed from pot, press CANCEL and add
2 cupschicken broth. Use a wooden spoon and deglaze the bottom of the pot, scrapping up all the bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot; BBQ sauce, soy sauce, onion, carrot, celery and garlic.
- Place pork pieces in the pot and push them down into the liquid. Secure lid and set to VENT. Select SLOW COOK - HIGH for 8 hours and press START.
- When the cooking time is complete, remove pork and shred in a large bowl. Add BBQ sauce as desired or use the juice from the inner pot to dress the meat.
Chef’s Tip: Serve pulled pork on toasted buns topped with a creamy coleslaw!
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
You might also like