Thai Green Tofu Curry
Slow Cooked Pork and Pineapple Curry
|By :Graham and James Sharman|
A nice combination of savoury, sweetness, and heat, perfect to come home to.
|Course||Dinner, Main Course|
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Main Ingredient||All-Purpose Flour, Chicken Stock, Chili Powder, Cubed Pork, Curry Powder, Mango Chutney, Olive Oil, Onion, Pineapple, Rice, Worcestershire sauce|
|Keyword||slow cook recipes|
|Cook Time||8 hours 15 minutes|
- 3 tbsp plain/all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 lb cubed pork 1 kg
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock 300ml
- 2 dried red chilies
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 14 oz can pineapple chunks in syrup 400g
- 2 bay leaves
- Mix 3 tbsp plain/all-purpose flour with 1 tsp salt, toss 2 1/4 lb/1kg lean cubed pork into mixture until coated.
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot on normal heat, (custom level 3 for the Evo Plus) once display says HOT, add 2 tbsp of the olive oil.
- Brown meat on all sides, then set aside.
- Add the 2 remaining tbsp of olive oil to the pot, and 1 onion (finely chopped), sauté until transparent.
- Add the browned pork back to the pot and all remaining ingredients, bring to a boil.
- Press Cancel and place the lid on the Instant Pot.
- Make sure valve is NOT set to seal.
- Press the Slow Cook button on the Instant Pot, press adjust to less, and + or – to 8 hours.
On the Evo Plus press Slow Cook/custom/8 hours/low/start.
- After 8 hours the Instant Pot will automatically go into keep warm mode.
- Press Cancel, discard bay leaves, and stir well.
- Serve with rice.
Graham and James Sharman
A collaboration between an experienced pressure cook and Instant Pot enthusiast and his son, a Michelin star restaurant-trained world-class chef. A must for beginners to hardened multi-cooker enthusiasts.
All recipes by : Graham and James Sharman
You might also like