Braised Short Ribs
Slow Cooked Chicken, Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Main Ingredient||Chicken, Cremini Mushrooms, Wild Rice|
|Keyword||instant pot soup|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||6 hours|
- 1/2 lb chicken breast medium-diced
- 1/2 onion small-diced
- 2 garlic cloves small-diced
- 1/3 cup carrot small-diced
- 1/3 cup celery small-diced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms halved and sliced
- 1 cup wild rice blend
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Fresh Thyme Sprig
- 3 cups milk
- 4 cups chicken stock low sodium
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- Select SAUTÉ-High and set the time for 30 minutes. Press START. Add butter and olive oil to the Inner Pot.
- When the oil is hot, add chicken. Be sure to add chicken before butter gets dark brown or burnt. Sauté chicken cubes until light golden, for around 5 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, celery and carrot. Reduce temperature to low. Sauté for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add mushrooms, salt and black pepper. Mix all the ingredients in the pot.
- Press CANCEL.
- Add bay leaf, thyme sprig, wild rice and chicken stock and milk to the Inner Pot.
- Close the Lid on the pot and set to VENT. Select SLOW COOK-High for 6 hours. Press START.
- When the program ends, adjust seasoning according to your taste and enjoy!
Optional: Add heavy cream and/or chopped parsley on the soup bowls just before service.
Chef`s Tip: Add some chicken stock or milk to the leftover soup before reheating, if needed, as the soup will get thicker in the fridge.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
You might also like