Braised Short Ribs
Slow Cooked Cajun Jambalaya
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Course||Dinner, Main Course|
|Browse Category||Fish & Seafood, Meat, Poultry, Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Cooking Technique||Slow Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Andouille Sausage, Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breast, Shrimp|
|Keyword||instant pot jambalaya|
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||4 1/2 hours|
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thigh or breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 lb andouille sausage cut into 1/2-inch slices, chorizo can be substituted
- 2 celery ribs diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes 28 oz
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb Shrimp thawed, peeled, deveined
- 2 cups Cooked rice 1 1/2 cups uncooked
- green onion for garnishing
- Place all ingredients except the shrimp, rice, and green onion in the inner pot. This includes chicken, sausage, celery, red pepper, green pepper, onion, garlic, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, oregano, Cajun seasoning, paprika, thyme and bay leaves.
- Stir the ingredients together well.
- Secure the lid on the pot and set to VENT.
- Select SLOW COOK-Custom-High and set the time for 4 hours.
- Press START.
- When cooking time is finished, open the lid and stir well.
- Select SLOW COOK-Custom-High, set the time for 30 minutes and press START.
- While the shrimp cooks, prepare the rice as per package directions. You can use leftover rice as well if it is only seasoned with salt.
- When cooking time is finished, open the lid, stir, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the cooked rice into the jambalaya or serve the jambalaya overtop of the rice.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and enjoy!
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
You might also like