Braised Short Ribs
Slow Cooked Butter Chickpea Tofu
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Browse Category||Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Main Ingredient||Canned Chickpeas, Tofu|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||3 hours|
- 1 package firm tofu (12 oz)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium size onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shallots thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can + 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained (15 oz)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 cup cilantro finely chopped (optional)
- Remove the tofu from the package and rinse. Wrap tofu in a paper towel and place on a cutting board. Placing something heavy on top of the tofu to allow the water to drain out, about 15 minutes.
- Select SAUTÉ-High and set the time for 30 minutes. Press START.
- Add oil into the Inner Pot. When the oil is hot, add the onions, shallot, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelized, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and stir to combine. Cook it for 1 minute more.
- Press CANCEL button.
- Select SLOW COOK-High and set the time to 3 hours. Press START.
- Place the tofu and chickpea in the inner pot. Add the coconut milk, tomato puree, garam masala, curry powder, chili powder, ground ginger and a pinch salt/pepper. Give it a big stir, close the lid and set to VENT.
- When the cooking time is done, carefully open the lid.
- Add the cilantro before serving.
- Serve with rice and naan.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
You might also like