Vegetable Quinoa Tabbouleh
|By :The Healthy Meal Prep Instant Pot Cookbook by Carrie Forrest|
These Sloppy Joes are perfect for those evenings when you don’t have anything planned but need dinner on the table fast. You just need to add the meat and spices and let the Instant Pot® do all the work. These Sloppy Joes can be served on hamburger buns or on top of sweet potatoes or mashed potatoes.
|Course||Dinner, Lunch, Main Course|
|Browse Category||Kid-Friendly, Meat|
|Diet||Dairy Free, Gluten Free|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Brown Sugar, Chili Powder, Garlic, Ground Beef, Ketchup, Onion, Soy Sauce, Tomato Puree|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs 90% lean ground beef
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 16 oz tomato puree
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Purple slaw for garnish (optional)
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Select Sauté and add the olive oil to the inner pot. Once the oil is hot, add the ground beef and cook for 3 minutes, using a spatula to break up the meat.
- Press Cancel and add the onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, tomato purée, ketchup, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Lock the lid into place. Select Pressure Cook or Manual; set the pressure to High and the time to 10 minutes. Make sure the steam release knob is in the sealed position. After cooking, naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid. Stir the Sloppy Joe mixture to make sure it’s well combined.
- Serve immediately garnished with purple slaw and parsley, if desired, or place the Sloppy Joes in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 2 months
GLUTEN-FREE OPTION: Use tamari in place of the soy sauce.
MEAL PREP TIP: The meat has a ton of flavor, so it’s great for leftovers. Besides serving it on a bun or over potatoes, you can also serve it on top of a salad for a low-carb option.
PER SERVING Calories: 246; Fat: 12g; Carbohydrates: 7g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 24g; Sodium: 400mg
The Healthy Meal Prep Instant Pot Cookbook by Carrie Forrest
Author Bio:Carrie Forrest, MBA, MPH, is the creator of the website and YouTube channel, Clean Eating Kitchen, where she shares easy gluten-free and dairy-free recipes and tips to help women recovering from chronic disease. Carrie has masters degrees in business and public health nutrition, but, more importantly, has used a real food diet to recover from and manage multiple health conditions including PCOS, chronic migraines, anxiety, autoimmune disease, and thyroid cancer. Book Description: Healthy, ready-to-go meals―Instant Pot® fast Healthy eating is suddenly fast and simple with The Healthy Meal Prep Instant Pot Cookbook. Combining the speed and ease of Instant Pot® cooking with meal prep hacks, this Instant Pot cookbook will have you fixing great food that’s good for you in no time. You’ll also have plenty left for ready-to-go meals so you eat well all week long. Never used an Instant Pot®? Don’t know much about meal prep? The Healthy Meal Prep Instant Pot Cookbook teaches you everything you need to know. From proper food storage to multitasking with your multicooker, discover how perfectly healthy meal prep and the Instant Pot® go together. The Healthy Meal Prep Instant Pot Cookbook includes: • BECOME AN INSTANT POT® PRO―Become an electric pressure cooker expert with handy guides and tips―plus recipes developed specifically for the Instant Pot®. • MASTER MEAL PREP―Learn the secrets of advanced preparation, planning, and storage that make meal prepping a snap inside this Instant Pot cookbook. • 75 RECIPES―From Spicy Sausage and Potato Hash to Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Scampi, enjoy delicious food that tastes just as great when you bring it back out of your fridge or freezer for grab-and-go meals. Make healthy meal prep easier than ever with the Healthy Meal Prep Instant Pot Cookbook.
All recipes by : The Healthy Meal Prep Instant Pot Cookbook by Carrie Forrest
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!