Braised Short Ribs
Simple French Onion Soup for Instant Pot Duo Crisp or Air Fryer Lid
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
All-in-one easy French Onion Soup is made entirely in your Instant Pot. Begin with saute, add the pressure cooker lid to cook the soup, and finish it with French bread and shredded cheese under the air fryer lid. It's the perfect combo recipe to show off the Instant Pot Duo Crisp or Air Fryer Lid, and so very quick and easy to make. Another Official recipe created with love by the Instant Pot Culinary Team.
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Cooking Technique||Air Fryer Lid, Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Beef Stock, French bread, Gruyere Cheese, Mozzarella, Onion, Red Wine, Sweet Onion|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 3 flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 5 peppercorns
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large white onions peeled and sliced into
- 1 sweet onion peeled and sliced into
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine plus
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 3/4 cups beef stock (
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 cups of French bread cut in
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella and gruyere cheese
- Create an herb sachet by placing the bay leaf, thyme, rosemary, parsley and peppercorns in a small cloth bag and tying it with string.
- Using the Instant Pot select Sauté and set to High for 20 minutes.
- When your pot is ready (display says Hot), add the butter and olive oil to the pot.
- Once the butter has melted, add the garlic and onions. Add a pinch of salt and sauté until the onions are caramelized (about 15-20 minutes).
- Add tomato paste and red wine, let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, beef stock, and herb sachet. Stir together and add salt and pepper. Press Cancel.
Pressure Cook Soup
- Close the pot with the pressure cooking lid, seal, and select Pressure Cook/Manual, set to High pressure for 10 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is complete, Quick Release the pressure. Carefully remove the lid and take the sachet out, add salt and pepper to taste.
Finish Under Broiler
- Place the French bread cubes on top of the soup, and generously cover the top with the shredded cheese.
- Place the air fryer lid onto the pot, select Broil for 400°F for 7 minutes.
- Ladle into soup bowls and enjoy!
If you don't have an air fryer lid, you can finish it under the broiler in an oven.
Did you make this recipe? Let us know what you think, rate it and leave a comment!
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!