Lamb Meatballs with Couscous, Pickled Onions, and Tahini
Shrimp with Tomatoes and Warm Spices
|By :Mediterranean Instant Pot Cookbook by America's Test Kitchen|
Why this recipe works: Succulent shrimp swimming in roasty peppers and tomatoes and flavored by the potent warm spice blend ras el hanout is our idea of elevated comfort food. Cooked under pressure, the vegetables softened and their flavor intensified. The shrimp gently cooked in the residual heat of the cooked tomato mixture. Olives provided tangy saltiness, and scallions and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil provided a fresh, rich finish. Do not substitute larger shrimp here; they will not cook through in time. Serve over rice or couscous. You can find ras el hanout in the spice aisle of most well-stocked supermarkets.
|Browse Category||Fish & Seafood, Rice & Pastas|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Bell Pepper, Scallions, Shrimp, Whole Potatoes|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined, 26 to 30 per
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided, plus extra for drizzling
- 5 garlic cloves minced, divided
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp table salt divided
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 red or green bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tbsp ras el hanout
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes drained with juice reserved, chopped coarse (
- 1/4 cup pitted brine-cured green or black olives chopped coarse
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 scallions sliced thin on bias
- Toss shrimp with
1 tablespoonoil, 1 teaspoongarlic, lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoonsalt, and pepper; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Using highest Sauté function, heat remaining
1 tablespoonoil in Instant Pot until shimmering. Add bell pepper, onion, and remaining 1/4 teaspoonsalt and cook until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining garlic, ras el hanout, and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and reserved juice.
- Lock lid in place and close pressure release valve. Select Pressure Cook function and cook for 15 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot and quick-release pressure. Carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape away from you.
- Stir shrimp into tomato mixture, cover, and let sit until opaque throughout, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in olives and parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle individual portions with scallions and drizzle with extra oil before serving.
*Pressure Cook and Manual buttons are interchangeable
Mediterranean Instant Pot Cookbook by America's Test Kitchen
Bringing together the #1 diet and the #1 most popular kitchen appliance, this Instant Pot-authorized cookbook makes it more convenient than ever to cook the Mediterranean way, incorporating more vegetables, grains, beans, and seafood into your diet, and exploring the healthful, authentic flavors of cuisines ranging from Turkish to North African in everyday one-pot meals.
All recipes by : Mediterranean Instant Pot Cookbook by America's Test Kitchen
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!