Traditional Coffee Cake
Shrimp and Avocado Salad
|By :The Essential Keto Instant Pot Cookbook by Casey Thaler|
Shrimp is a nutritional powerhouse and is loaded with protein, vitamin B12, selenium, and much more. Paired with the healthy monounsaturated fats found in avocado, this makes for a very healthy salad. Add an extra dab of butter to the shrimp to get an even more flavorful salad.
|Browse Category||Fish & Seafood, Kid-Friendly, Salad|
|Duration||less than 15 min|
|Diet||Dairy Free, Gluten Free|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Avocado, Bell Pepper, Kale, Spinach|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||3 minutes|
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 pound Shrimp thawed and deveined
- 1 cup bell peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup kale chopped
- 1/2 cup bok choy chopped
- 1 avocado mashed
- 2 tbsp walnuts chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric ground
- 1/2 tsp parsley dried
- 1/2 tsp Ginger finely grated
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp basil dried
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté . Add the oil, melting it gently.
- Pour 1 cup filtered water into the Instant Pot, then add the shrimp. Close the lid, set the pressure release to Sealing, and select Manual/Pressure Cook . Set the Instant Pot to 3 minutes on low pressure and let cook.
- In the meantime, make a salad by tossing together the bell peppers, spinach, kale, bok choy, mashed avocado, and walnuts.
- When the shrimp is cooked, carefully switch the pressure release to Venting.
- Open the lid and remove the shrimp. Add it atop the tossed salad. Sprinkle the turmeric, parsley, ginger, black pepper, and basil on top, evenly. Enjoy!
Amount per serving
Total Fat 21g
Total Carbohydrate 10.4g
Dietary Fiber 4.5g
Total Sugars 1.9g
The Essential Keto Instant Pot Cookbook by Casey Thaler
CASEY THALER, NASM-CPT, FNS has written over 200 articles on health, science, fitness, and nutrition. As a National Academy of Sports Medicine certified personal trainer and fitness nutrition specialist, he has also helped thousands of people lose weight, look younger, and live their healthiest lives. Casey writes regularly for the founder of the Paleo Diet, Dr. Loren Cordain. He is also a regular contributor to Paleo Magazine, and has written for Greatist, Paleohacks, MindBodyGreen, and Breaking Muscle. Casey also currently serves as an adviser to a number of small startup companies in the health and wellness space. A home cook who has been creating recipes and eating ketogenic and paleo since 2012, Casey wrote the independently published eBook, The Ultimate Guide to Bone Broth, to be released by bestselling author Mark Sisson's specialty food company Primal Nutrition, Inc., in November 2018.
All recipes by : The Essential Keto Instant Pot Cookbook by Casey Thaler
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!