Taco-stuffed Mini Bell Peppers
|By :Keto In an Instant Cookbook By Stacey Crawford|
Satisfying and savory, these eggs are extremely low in carbs and high in healthy fats. This tasty and robust recipe will satiate your hunger and keep you feeling full all morning.
|Browse Category||Breakfast, Seven Ingredients or Less|
|Diet||Dairy Free, Keto, Low Carb, Paleo|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 4 eggs
- 1 lb ground spicy Italian pork sausage formed into
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Fill a large bowl halfway with ice water. Set aside.
- Place the steam rack in the inner pot and add
1 cupwater to the bottom of the pot. Place the eggs on the steam rack.
- Cover, lock the lid, and flip the steam release handle to the sealing position. Select Pressure Cook (High) and set the cook time for 6 minutes.
- When the cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes and then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Open the lid, carefully transfer the eggs to the ice water bath, and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, peel the eggs and transfer to a platter. Set aside.
- Remove the steam rack from the inner pot. Carefully remove the inner pot from the base, drain, and then return the pot to the base.
- Place the sausage patties on a flat surface and place 1 egg in the center of each patty. Carefully wrap the sausage around each egg and gently shape until the eggs are covered in the sausage.
- Select Sauté (Normal). Once the pot is hot, add the olive oil. Carefully place the eggs in the pot and brown on all sides for 6 minutes, using tongs to continuously turn the eggs. Once the eggs are browned, transfer to a large plate and press Cancelto turn off the pot.
- Place the steam rack back in the inner pot and add
1 cupwater to the bottom of the pot. Carefully place the eggs on the rack.
- Cover, lock the lid, and flip the steam release handle to the sealing position. Select Pressure Cook or Manual (High) and set the cook time for 0 minutes.
- When the cook time is complete, quick release the pressure and open the lid.
- Using tongs, carefully transfer the Scotch eggs to a serving platter. Serve warm.
Tip Depending on your taste preferences, you also can use gluten-free, mild, or hot varieties of ground pork sausage.
Nutrition per serving
Net carbs: 2g
Keto In an Instant Cookbook By Stacey Crawford
Stacey Crawford is the blogger behind beautyandthefoodie.com where she creates and shares healthy, low-carb, ketogenic recipes. As a sufferer of celiac disease, she’s discovered that eating healthy, satisfying food through a grain-free, low-carb ketogenic diet is the key to creating good health.
All recipes by : Keto In an Instant Cookbook By Stacey Crawford
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!