Pulled Pork Burrito Bowls
Sausage and Kale Egg Muffins
|By :The Keto Reset by Mark Sisson|
These are great for busy families and busy mornings. Make a triple batch on Sunday and store them in the fridge or freezer to quickly reheat during the week.
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Chicken Sausage, Eggs|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp bacon fat (or more avocado oil)
- 4 ounces fully cooked chicken sausage diced (see note)
- 4 small kale leaves any variety, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy (whipping) cream or full-fat coconut milk
- 4 tbsp shredded white cheddar or swiss cheese optional
- 1 cup Water
- Use the
1 teaspoon avocado oil to grease the bottom and insides of four silicone muffin cups (preferred), ceramic ramekins, or half-pint mason jars. If you have a silicone egg bites mold, you can also use that for this recipe.
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté and melt the bacon fat. Add the sausage and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the chopped kale and
1/4 teaspooneach of the salt and pepper. Sauté until the kale is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, lightly beat together the eggs, cream, and remaining
1/4 teaspooneach salt and pepper
- Press Cancel. Divide the kale-sausage mixture among the four muffin cups. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the kale and sausage and stir lightly with a fork. If desired, top each with
1 tablespoonshredded cheese. Loosely cover the cups with foil or silicone lids.
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot. Place the metal steam rack/trivet inside. Place the four muffin cups on top.
- Secure the lid and set the steam release valve to Sealing. Press the Pressure Cook or Manual button and set the cook time to 5 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then carefully switch the steam release valve to Venting.
- Carefully remove the muffins from the Instant Pot. Serve hot or warm.
You can use any variety of sausage you want for this recipe. Low-sugar breakfast sausage (4 small links) or mild or spicy Italian (1 large link) work well. If using pork sausage, cook it according to the package directions before starting this recipe.
The Keto Reset by Mark Sisson
MARK SISSON is the bestselling author of The Primal Blueprint, a former world-class endurance athlete, and one of the leading voices of the burgeoning Evolutionary Health Movement. His blog, MarksDailyApple.com, has paved the way for Primal enthusiasts to challenge conventional wisdom’s diet and exercise principles and take personal responsibility for their health and well-being.
All recipes by : The Keto Reset by Mark Sisson
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!