Japanese Souffle Pancakes
Sausage and Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash
|By :Instant Culinary Team|
A full dinner is ready in no time with these easy savory stuffed acorn squashes. Feel free to eat the whole squash skin and all!
|Cooking Technique||Air Fry|
|Main Ingredient||Acorn Squash, Apple, Mozzarella, Panko Breadcrumbs, Sage Leaves, Sausage|
|Keyword||Air Fryer, Pork, Vortex Air Fryer, Vortex Air Fryer Oven|
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||30 Minutes|
- 2 acorn squashes halved horizontally, deseeded, and bottoms cut flat
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 apples deseeded and cubed
- 1 lb. sausage diced (4-5 sausage links)
- ½ yellow onion sliced
- 10 sage leaves minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt divided
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper divided
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese plus more for topping
- Begin by preparing the squash. Trim the bottoms of each squash half so it rests securing on a flat surface. Careful to not cut through to the middle of the squash. Brush all squash halves with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Air Fry squash halves cut side down at 385°F for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Set aside once done.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl combine cubed apples, diced sausage, sliced onions, and minced sage leaves with olive oil, half of the salt, and half of the black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Air Fry sausage and apple mixture at 400°F for 6-8 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Return cooked apple and sausage mixture to the same medium mixing bowl. Add shredded mozzarella, panko breadcrumbs, and remaining salt and pepper. Stir to combine, creating about four cups of stuffing in total.
- Pack each cooked acorn squash with approximately
1 cupof stuffing, creating a heap in the middle. Sprinkle the tops with additional shredded mozzarella.
- Air Fry each stuffed squash at 385°F for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Instant Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Culinary Team
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!