Braised Short Ribs
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Prep Time||10 Minutes, plus chilling time|
|Cook Time||10 Minutes per batch|
- 3 cup all-purpose flour plus more for rolling
- 1 cup unsalted butter cold
- 8 oz cream cheese cold
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup light brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup walnuts toasted
- ¾ cup raisins
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Water
- In a food processor, combine flour, butter, cream cheese, and salt. Blend on high for 2 minutes, or until a soft dough forms. Remove from the bowl and form into a disc. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 – 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, walnuts, raisins, cinnamon, all spice, and salt in the food processor. Blend for one minute until the walnuts and raisins are broken up into a crumbly mixture. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and discard the plastic wrap. Roll the dough into a
¼ inchthick circle. Lightly flour the workspace and top of the dough to prevent sticking if needed.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the dough, pressing slightly to ensure the filling stays in place
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the dough into 24 wedges, similar to cutting a pizza.
- Starting with the widest end of the triangle, roll each wedge into a crescent shape and place each rugelach point side down. Continue until 24 rugelach are formed. Note, some filling will escape during the rolling process. Save this to garnish the tops.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg and water. Brush the top of each rugelach with egg wash and sprinkle with any leftover filing.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F. Line rugelach in the basket
1 inchapart. Do not crowd the air fryer basket.
- Air Fry for 10 – 12 minutes, or until golden. Repeat until all are baked. Enjoy at room temperature.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!