Eggs “en Cocotte”
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Beets with Rosemary
|By :The Ultimate Instant Pot CB for Two by Janet Zimmerman|
Beets and sweet potatoes are a great combination, especially roasted. But they’re so dense, they take a long time to cook through, and it can be tricky to make sure they don’t burn on the outside before the centers are done. Using the Instant Pot® gives you a head start cooking, so the final roasting can be done in a flash.
|Browse Category||Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Diet||Low Carb, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Plant-Based, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Beets, Sweet Potato|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||6 minutes|
- 2 small beets
- 8 oz sweet potato
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp rosemary finely fresh chopped
- 2 tsp thyme finely fresh chopped
- 2 tsp oregano finely fresh chopped
- Preheat the oven to
- Cut the beets in half and trim the roots off. Place the beets and sweet potato in a steamer basket or on the trivet. Add 1 cup of water to the inner pot and place the steamer basket inside. Lock the lid into place. Select Pressure Cook or Manual, and adjust pressure to High and the time to 6 minutes. After cooking, quick release the pressure.
- Unlock the lid. Remove the vegetables and let them cool slightly, then peel and cut into
1 inchchunks. They should be softened, but not completely cooked through. Place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt. Gently toss to coat.
- Roast the vegetables for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cooked through and browned in spots on the outside. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the rosemary. Return to the oven for just a minute to bloom the aroma and flavor of the rosemary, then serve.
If you want to double the recipe, use the same size vegetables, but twice as many. If you use larger beets and a huge sweet potato, they won’t cook evenly in the Instant Pot and will require more time in the oven.
Per ServingCalories: 164; Fat: 7 g; Carbohydrates: 24 g; Fiber: 5 g; Protein: 3 g; Sodium: 204 mg
The Ultimate Instant Pot CB for Two by Janet Zimmerman
Biography: Janet A. Zimmerman has been writing about food and teaching cooking classes for more than 15 years. She was a regular contributor to NPR's "Kitchen Window" and for several years ran About.com's Cooking for Two website. Two of her essays have appeared in the annual anthology "Best Food Writing," and another was awarded the Bert Greene Journalism Award from the International Association of Culinary Professionals. After many years in San Francisco, she now lives in Atlanta. Book information: Cooking for two is a lot easier with your Instant Pot®―especially when recipes are perfectly portioned for you, too! The Instant Pot® Cookbook for Two makes it easier and tastier than ever to spend quality time together over a real homemade meal. From Artichoke and Spinach Risotto to Teriyaki Chicken with rice, these rich and delicious recipes ensure no leftovers, no waste, and no guesswork when it comes to weekday meals. Plus, most recipes take only ten minutes or less to prep and are table-ready in under an hour, giving you more time to spend enjoying your company. The Instant Pot Cookbook for Two includes: • A handy overview covers Instant Pot® best practices, shopping tips for two, troubleshooting advice, and how to scale recipes up or down. • 80+ recipes work with all models of the 3-quart Mini and 6-quart Lux, Duo, and Ultra. • Recipe tips throughout explain how to double recipes, use up ingredients, modify cooking times (if needed) for Mini and larger Lux models, and divide the labor to speed prep. Catch up on your day, re-connect or just wind down with a good meal. It's more than just sitting down to eat, it's a chance to really be together.
All recipes by : The Ultimate Instant Pot CB for Two by Janet Zimmerman
All Cook Books by : The Ultimate Instant Pot CB for Two by Janet Zimmerman
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!