Christmas Oatmeal Cookies
Rib Cap in Red Wine
|By :Lorena Salinas|
Lorena Salinas is the chef and creator of the Cravings Journal blog, where she has been sharing recipes for more than 4 years.
|Browse Category||Main Dishes|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Carrots, Red Wine, Rib Cap, Tomato Passata|
|Keyword||Chilean, Instant Pot, Red Meat|
|Home Category||Main Dishes|
|Cook Time||1 Hour|
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 lb (1 kg) rib cap divided in 2
- Salt and pepper
- 1 white onion minced
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into half-moons
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup red wine
- ½ cup tomato passata
- 1 bay leaf
- Place the stainless steel inner pot inside the Instant Pot®. Press Saute, level More, set time to 30 Minutes, and wait for it to preheat. When ready, add the oil and one piece of rib cap. Sear on all sides until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Remove and repeat with the other piece. Remove.
- Add the onion and carrots and sauté until onion softens.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, mixing constantly.
- Add the red wine and let boil until very little liquid remains.
- Add the passata, bay leaf, and meat again. Press Cancel.
- Close and lock the Instant Pot® lid. Make sure the steam release handle is turned to Sealing. Press Pressure Cook, pressure level High, and set time to 30 Minutes. If you want to shred it, change time to 1 Hour.
- Once the time is up, press Cancel and release the pressure by turning the steam release handle.
- Open the lid, taste and check for salt. Serve with rice, mashed potatoes, or roasted potatoes.
All recipes by : Lorena Salinas
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!