Sweet Potato Chili
|By :Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook by Dana Angelo White|
Reduced-fat cream cheese and Greek yogurt help lighten up this classic recipe, which was inspired by my mom (who makes the best darned cheesecake on the planet).
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Cream Cheese, Graham Crackers|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||65 minutes|
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 tsp granulated sugar plus
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 8 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/3 cup low-fat greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Multi-colored fruit for topping (such as strawberries, clementines, banana, kiwi, blueberries, blackberries)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). In a medium bowl, combine the butter, graham cracker crumbs, and
1-1/2 tspof the sugar. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a
7-inchspringform pan and press the mixture down to form an even crust. Place in the oven to bake for 8 minutes and then set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, reduced-fat cream cheese, and
2/3 cupof the sugar. Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer, mix on medium speed until the ingredients become light and fluffy, stopping periodically to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and begin adding the eggs, one at a time, followed by the Greek yogurt and vanilla. Mix well. Pour the mixture over the cooled crust and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Place the steam rack in the inner pot and add
1 cupwater to the bottom of the pot. Carefully lower the pan onto the steam rack.
- Cover, lock the lid, and flip the steam release handle to the sealing position. Select Pressure Cook (Low) and set the cook time for 35 minutes. When the cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally (about 20 minutes).
- Carefully remove the lid, lift the pan out of the pot, and set aside to cool. Once cooled, cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Arrange fruit in a rainbow pattern on top before slicing. Serve chilled.
Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook by Dana Angelo White
Dana Angelo White, MS, RD, ATC is a registered dietitian, certified athletic trainer, author, journalist, and nutrition and fitness consultant. She is a Sports Dietition and Clinical Professor at Quinnipiac University, specializing in culinary nutrition, recipe development and sports nutrition. She is the author of First Bites: Superfoods for Babies and Toddlers, a nutrition expert for Food Network.com and founding contributor for Food Network’s Healthy Eats blog. Dana has served on advisory boards for Applegate, Chobani and Healthy Happy Kids. Dana works closely with chefs and authors to develop creative and healthy recipes for cookbooks, magazines, menus and her own personal blog.
All recipes by : Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook by Dana Angelo White
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!