Braised Beef Shank in Soybean Paste
Purple Yam Barley Porridge
|By :MaoMao Mom|
|Diet||Dairy Free, High Fibre, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 3 tablespoons pearl barley
- 3 tablespoons pot barley
- 3 tablespoons buckwheat
- 3 tablespoons glutinous rice
- 3 tablespoons black glutinous rice
- 3 tablespoons black eye beans
- 3 tablespoons red beans
- 3 tablespoons romano beans
- 3 tablespoons brown rice
- 1 purple yam about
- 1/6 teaspoon baking soda optional
- Clean the purple yam, remove the skin and cut into
- Wash the barley, rice and beans in the inner pot of Instant Pot.
- Place the purple yam and baking soda (if using) into the pot.
- Add water up to the
8 cupmark on the inner pot.
- Close the lid and put the steam release to the Sealing position. Select the [Porridge] program and keep pressing until the “More” setting is selected.
- After the program finishes, let it cool for 10 minutes. Don’t try to release the pres- sure as the starchy porridge will spill out.
- Serve plain or with sugar, honey or blue agave syrup.
MaoMao Mom is a mom, wife, scientist and food lover. In today’s fast paced life, people have less time to prepare wholesome and tasty dishes. As a scientist in chemistry, Maomao Mom brings lab techniques and skills into the kitchen. She has made it her mission to bring together the healthy eating and traditional Chinese cuisine by using quality ingredients, simplifying procedures and choosing healthy foods.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!