Braised Short Ribs
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
When you hear pot roast, words like hearty, traditional and comfort come to mind. This recipe lets you create that comforting plate of pot roast with smokey and robust flavors in just a fraction of the time. Smoked paprika, garlic and rosemary are the aromatics that shine in this dish. The red potatoes and carrots sop up the rendered juices.
|Course||Dinner, Main Course|
|Diet||Egg Free, Gluten Free|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Baby Carrots, Beef Chuck Roast, Beef Stock, Red Potatoes, White Onion|
|Keyword||beef roast, beef roast recipe, instant pot recipe|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 3-5 lbs beef roast, beef brisket or chuck roast
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 large white onion roughly chopped
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 lb red potatoes diced
- 1 fresh rosemary spring
- Select SAUTÉ, set to HIGH. Select START.
- While the inner pot warms up, season both sides of the meat with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Add the oil to the inner pot. Once hot, lay meat into the inner pot and sear the beef until browned, about 3 to 5 minutes each side.
- Remove beef from the pot, set aside on a plate. Add minced garlic to inner pot and cook until fragrant. Deglaze the inner pot with red wine and beef broth. Select CANCEL.
- Add beef back to the pot. Place onion, carrots, and potatoes on top and around the meat. Place rosemary on top.
- Secure lid for pressure cooking.
- Select PRESSURE COOK, set to HIGH for 40 minutes (00:40). Select START.
- Once the cooking program has ended, allow 10 minutes for Natural Release. Quick Release remaining pressure. Select CANCEL. Serve and enjoy.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
You might also like